Sentences such as "Will I be monitored?" are often asked by employees when they learn that their company is considering using telematics units.
However, this concern is completely unfounded.
Very little personal data is stored by our telematics units, such as the driver's name or the user's e-mail address.
In general, the focus is much more on the vehicles and machines than on the drivers*.
Here are some examples:
- Accurate kilometer readings of the vehicle or machine fleet.
- The exact GPS position of the vehicles and machines,
- Theft protection by setting alarms
These values & functions are used among others for:
- The retrieval of equipment on construction sites
- The optimization of the disposition of your company - and therefore for the reduction of the operating costs
- The increase of the safety of all employees - due to the compliance with service intervals